BAO API for Flex and ArcGIS API for Flex 3.0

07-03-2012 04:05 PM
JeffGermain
New Contributor
When will a new BAO API for Flex be released that is compatible with the ArcGIS API for Flex 3.0?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffGermain
New Contributor
I've implemented a temporary workaround here until a new BAO API is released.
0 Kudos
TonyHowser
Esri Contributor
Greetings Jeff,

Barring any unforeseen issues, we will have a BAO API for Flex which is compatible with the core ArcGIS API for Flex v3.x libraries.

I'm going to try to follow up with some estimates some time next week.

Note: The BAO API for Flex is compatible with the Business Analyst Online API and Community Analyst API.  Please see the FAQs below.

If you have any specific follow up questions, please feel free to contact me at thowser{at}esri.com.

Thanks for your question and for your patience (and for providing the dev community with a temporary workaround!)
Tony

FAQs

1. What are the differences between the boundary files used in the Esri 2010/2015 and Esri 2011/2016 datasets and how do I access them?

Esri 2010/2015 data and projections (including associated reports) are based on Census 2000 administrative boundaries. 
Esri 2011/2016 data and projections (including associated reports) are based on Census 2010 administrative boundaries.

Business Analyst Online API and Community Analyst API users may access the content based on the Census 2000 administrative boundaries through the default �??USA�?� dataset.  Content based on the Census 2010 administrative boundaries may be accessed through the �??USACensus2010�?� dataset.

The ActiveDatasetID parameter can currently be used to toggle between the �??USA�?� (default) and �??USACensus2010�?� datasets.  When you specify this optional parameter in most Web services requests with the Business Analyst Online and Community Analyst APIs, a different list of content (including data and reports) will be accessible.  

Study the examples and note the ActiveDatasetID parameter.  This parameter is supported in the REST and SOAP services and, in the Flex and Silverlight SDKs.

2. What is the relationship between the Business Analyst Online and Community Analyst Web applications and the associated APIs?

The Business Analyst Online and Community Analyst Web applications are highly-refined Esri-hosted Software as a Service (SaaS) applications which consume the Business Analyst Online and Community Analyst APIs.  Custom client applications and workflows, which integrate and leverage Business Analyst Online and Community Analyst content and capabilities, can be implemented with these public APIs.  A significant amount of research and development has been invested in the usability and design of these Web applications.  They are showcase client applications of the APIs and; because of this, they are one of the best ways to become familiar with the content and capabilities of the APIs.  Free trial subscriptions are available.

3. What are the differences between the Business Analyst Online and Community Analyst APIs?

The Business Analyst Online API and Community Analyst API are targeted to different market segments, stakeholders, and decision makers.  Many of differences are associated with the data and other content that can be accessed through them.

From a programmer�??s perspective, accessing either dataset is accomplished through the same Web services endpoints and SDKs, including the BAO API for Flex.  The subscription credentials and, by extension, the API token that was generated with them, will automatically enable the developer to access to the content associated with their particular subscription, whether it�??s from the Business Analyst Online API or the Community Analyst API.
0 Kudos
AsishSatpathy
New Contributor
Hi
I am a arcgis newbie. I want to know if there are samples which tells me how to use Business online API results in Arc GIS javascript MAP apis (dojo or anything).
Thanks in Advance
R
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Is there an update as to when BAO API will be released which is compatible with 3.1?
0 Kudos