Legend Overlap Issue - Swipe Map (Tile Layer)

08-20-2015 04:16 PM
BrianDudek
Occasional Contributor

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can stop my legend text for overlapping.  These are tile layers and I cannot seem to alter the name in the web map.  I can alter the bold title portion but not the layer.  I tried altering the names in My Content but that doesnt work.

Can i get it to wrap somehow if I can't alter it?

LegendOverlap.PNG

I noticed this one http://nps.maps.arcgis.com/apps/StorytellingSwipe/index.html?appid=37d7fca8e6fc4e11a876943024075c04&...once you zoom in has wrapping text?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Brian,

Sorry you are having trouble.  It looks like it does not wrap because it is technically a single word connected by underscores.  If you could split up the names, it will wrap.  We will also look at this issue for our next release and possibly truncate the names if it goes past its designated width within the legend.

-Mark

BrianDudek
Occasional Contributor

Hmm.  Okay.

So the only thing I can do is republish a very large feature class, because it appears to have pulled the name for the feature class in a geodatabase when I published it though Arcmap.  That feature class is connected to the existing tiled layer (with the _underscore name) that ESRI created Online.  I should have cached it on Desktop prior but I didn't.  Anyways, how can I keep the tiled layer already created Online, but republish the layer with a different name?  I hope that makes sense.

0 Kudos
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Could you send me a link to your app and I'll take a look?  Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post on here.

-Mark

0 Kudos
BrianDudek
Occasional Contributor

Not public yet.

Capture.PNG

uses two web maps. One of them contains:Capture2.PNG

So it is pulling the legend name I guess from the one that says June 2011 from when I published the service.  Now if I try to override the service from Arcmap through file-ShareAs-Service,  it doesnt give me an option to change the name, and it says I can keep the map cache.  I want to keep the map cache since the tiles were created on ESRI servers, but that doesnt help if I cant change the name.  I did find this through the results window:

Is this how it would be done with the different service name?  Would the tile name change it with?   If all else fails I suppose I can just go ahead and remake the tiles and names through Arcmap this time and republish.

0 Kudos