Select to view content in your preferred language

What type of SSL certificate will Storymaps require?

05-11-2018 01:20 PM
ChrisDunlop
New Contributor II

I just read that storymaps will require https connections for embedded images/websites starting June 2018.  Does anyone know what level of SSL certificate is required?  I tried a self signed certificate for a website I wanted to embed.  Chrome loaded the embedded page in my storymap with a warning, but IE11 blocked it  (both cases out-of-the-box security settings).  I'm wondering if I bought a simple Domain-Validated certificate, will that be enoughto get rid of the security warnings?  I don't want users to have to change browser settings, or deal with any warning messages.

Thanks,

Chris

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Chris -- Story Maps don't/won't implement any specific certificate requirements beyond what browsers require, so it's really the browsers that determine this. I would consult with your IT department/policies to determine the appropriate type.

For images, you can also consider upload images in the Story Map Builders to store them in ArcGIS to eliminate the need for a web server to store images for your stories. See this article for more info.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos