URL missing from Map Journal when editing images and videos

Jump to solution
02-25-2016 05:42 AM
RachelTrudell
New Contributor II

After saving a map journal with added images and videos, there is an issue with going back and changing the saved image or video. The URL with the web address is missing when editing and the only option to change an image is if you replace it with a video or map instead (same goes for videos). If I wanted to copy the image I used in a previous panel to add to another panel, how can I?

Where has the URL gone and is there still a way to access the web address to the already saved image or video? And is there a way to override a saved image/video and replace it with another image/video?

I have attached two screenshots of what I am trying to explain. Thank you!

Peter Knoop

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Rachel,

I'm sorry you are having an issue with adding media. We'll look into keeping the URL visible in a future release, but in the meantime, here's some information that will help answer your questions:

>> If I wanted to copy the image I used in a previous panel to add to another panel, how can I? Where has the URL gone and is there still a way to access the web address to the already saved image or video?

Right click the image in the Edit Section panel and choose Copy Image Address (the name of this option may vary depending on which browser you use). Then you can paste the image URL into another section.

2016-02-25 at 10.49.16 AM.JPG

>> And is there a way to override a saved image/video and replace it with another image/video?

Yes, if you click "<BACK" at the bottom LEFT [edited] of the "Insert Image, Video, or Web Page" panel you can select a different piece of media of the same type you already have added.

Please let me know if this helps!

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Rachel,

I'm sorry you are having an issue with adding media. We'll look into keeping the URL visible in a future release, but in the meantime, here's some information that will help answer your questions:

>> If I wanted to copy the image I used in a previous panel to add to another panel, how can I? Where has the URL gone and is there still a way to access the web address to the already saved image or video?

Right click the image in the Edit Section panel and choose Copy Image Address (the name of this option may vary depending on which browser you use). Then you can paste the image URL into another section.

2016-02-25 at 10.49.16 AM.JPG

>> And is there a way to override a saved image/video and replace it with another image/video?

Yes, if you click "<BACK" at the bottom LEFT [edited] of the "Insert Image, Video, or Web Page" panel you can select a different piece of media of the same type you already have added.

Please let me know if this helps!

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps