Select to view content in your preferred language

Story Maps Shortlist: Labeling a layer crashes the map

Jump to solution
06-18-2015 11:56 AM
JohnWhitfield
Deactivated User

I have labeled a layer that I have added to my ArcGIS Online map for my story map. When I check the box to add labels, my Story map will not work and gives me the error message (see attachment)

thanks in advance for any help

0 Kudos
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I seem to have reproduced a similar error with the sample data for the shortlist template. Try adding the following webmapID to the template:

461a25dfa5484cc2affaa6445bb4cd0a

Perhaps labels are not supported because the template converts the symbology to number markers for the locations.

Is the layer being labeled a point layer which will define the tabs or is it a supporting layer?

In theReadme it specifies the following:

"In your web map you don't need to specify symbology for the point layer(s) that define your tab. The Shortlist automatically applies its own built-in numbered marker symbols to the data in the layers. So it doesn't matter what symbology you apply to these point layers in your web map: it is ignored by the Shortlist"

"Unlike with the point layer(s) that contain the places in your tabs, the symbology you choose for your clickable supporting layers in your web map is used as-is by the Shortlist. The Shortlist doesn't apply its own symbology to your supporting layers. So be sure to symbolize your supporting layers the way you want them to appear in the map. Scale visibility range settings are also taken into account."

JohnWhitfield
Deactivated User

The Road Layer is not related to the point layer. The roads are a polyline shapefile feature that were added to the map as per the instructions for adding additional layers.

To clarify, you are suggesting I take the webmapID you provided and replace the webmapID that I have in my index file on our server?

Thanks for clarifying!

0 Kudos
JohnWhitfield
Deactivated User

Can I just re-upload the index file? or I need to re-upload the entire download?

thank you!

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum

You need to do download the Shortlist app again completely and then deploy it.

0 Kudos