Story map tabs disappeared

01-29-2019 02:21 PM
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

Has anyone ever had tabs randomly disappear from a story map?

I have a tab series map with 29 tabs which is available publicly. Someone noticed today that four of the tabs had gone. The map hadn't been edited for quite some time (last edits were Oct 2018) and they were definitely there after that so there is no reason they should have gone.

Anyone had this happen to them before?

This is the map in question

https://marlborough.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=bcf43a62f5944909bfeef264d26c1621 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Malcolm -- sorry you are having an issue with your story. To my knowledge, we haven't received any reports of disappearing tabs. There is a capability to hide tabs (in the Organize panel), but I just looked at your story data and that is not the case here.

The only other thing I can think of is custom HTML. Have you added any custom HTML to this story in the source view of the side panel editor?  I suppose it's possible that some HTML styling may have affected some of your tabs? If that's not the case I'd suggest that you contact Esri Support and they can help you troubleshoot further.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

No custom HTML was added. Not a big deal, I just thought it was odd that they vanished. I've recreated them so its not a major issue but does slightly worry me that it might happen again

0 Kudos