Story Map Shorlist - "NUMBER" field is renamed

Jump to solution
08-31-2015 07:40 AM
SylvainFORT
New Contributor

Hi everybody,

I want to create a Story Map with Shortlist template and I need to use the "NUMBER" field for an exact sequence of my points.

I store my data in a feature class to a SDE database (Oracle more exactly) and I use a feature service to publish my app.

But I've got a problem with the sequence, indeed my points are not in the good order.

When I'm looking in the attribute table, "NUMBER" field is renamed in "NUMBER_"...

Can someone help please?

Thank you all.

Sylvain

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Sylvain,

Sorry for the troubles.  It appears 'Number' is a reserved field with Oracle (Oracle SQL Reserved Words).  A workaround for this would be to change the 'number' field the Shortlist app looks for to the one in your dataset.  To do so, look at line 20 in the main.js file, and change:

var FIELDNAME_NUMBER = ["Number"];

to:

var FIELDNAME_NUMBER = ["NUMBER_"];

-Mark

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MarkCooney

Hi Sylvain,

Sorry for the troubles.  It appears 'Number' is a reserved field with Oracle (Oracle SQL Reserved Words).  A workaround for this would be to change the 'number' field the Shortlist app looks for to the one in your dataset.  To do so, look at line 20 in the main.js file, and change:

var FIELDNAME_NUMBER = ["Number"];

to:

var FIELDNAME_NUMBER = ["NUMBER_"];

-Mark

SylvainFORT
New Contributor

Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for your help and your consecrated time.

My problem is resolved now .

Have a good day.

Sylvain

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor II

Mark,

I am having an issue with the NUMBER field as well. I have a "NUMBER" field in my layers, but I cannot get shortlist app to use the "NUMBER" field, it's using the order the feature was added to the table. My data is SDE (SQL).

Thanks,

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Nataliya,

Do you have a link or web map id that you could share so we can take a look?  Feel free to message me with it if you don't want to share publicly.

Mark

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys
0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Nataliya,

It looks like some of your features are missing a number attribute, so the app defaults to the order of the features as they are processed.  Try filing in any missing numbers and let us know if that works.

Mark

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys

That was it! I filled in the missing numbers, and it works now. Thanks.

Nataliya

0 Kudos