Story Map Cascade- 50/50 immersive question

07-04-2016 10:50 PM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

At the UC conference session about Story Maps, I seem to recall a particular "slide" in a Story Map Cascade example that was 50% text content and 50% interactive map. Now that I'm home, I can't seem to find how to accomplish this in my own map. All I can set up is a full screen web map with the floating box of text.

Any pointers on how to implement the 50/50?

Thanks!

Steve

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Steve,

Are you referring to inserting media between paragraphs of text? If so, check out this blog about sequential sections, specifically the Inserting Media section. Once you add media between paragraphs you can hover over it, click the gear, click Size and then pick small, medium, or large to adjust how much room the media takes on the page.

Let me know if this is what you are looking to do.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Owen. That might be it. I think I've been too focused on the "Immersive" option instead of the "Media" option. I'll give that a try.

0 Kudos
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Owen Evans So I tried this but I don't think this is what I was seeing. The media option inserts an image/map as an item but it is center justified in the body, and you can't have text off on one side or the other. Hmm.

Maybe what I saw was the immersive option but when I use it, the background of the text box has a transparency which doesn't seem enough. I'd like a text background with no transparency.

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Maybe it was one of the other story map apps that you are thinking of? You can see them all and find examples of each on our Apps Page on our website.

Apps | Story Maps

Perhaps you are thinking of Map Journal?

thumbnail_large.png

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Maybe that's it. That's the look I had in mind as a part of my Cascading Story. Thanks again.

0 Kudos