Select to view content in your preferred language

popup window - deactivate "zoom in"

02-06-2014 09:47 AM
FlorianHruby2
New Contributor III
Hi there,

when I use the �??zoom in�?� link in the popup window, the map zooms to the selected feature (a polygon for instance) �?? that's fine so far.

However, after you did the zoom, the �??zoom in�?� link still remains visible and active although you cannot use it any longer (or at least don�??t see a difference) as you already zoomed in to the feature as close as possible. This turns out to be a bit confusing for some of my users, and I guess it's indeed not necessary to provide a �??zoom in�?� link when no �??zoom in�?� is possible. Is there a way to deactivate this link when �??zoom in�?� no longer applies?

Thank you & kind regards,

Flo
0 Kudos
12 Replies
FlorianHruby2
New Contributor III
I already tried this but there is a strange effect. When you open the map I linked above and click on any of the orange polygons: First, the "zoom-to" link is NOT available, you zoom in and it becomes visble and at level 10 it disappears, as it should. When you zoom out then, everything works as it should.

Any suggestion?

thank you again!
0 Kudos
FlorianHruby2
New Contributor III
When I set the core.css

.zoomTo {
display: block;
}

it seems to work - but only for the first of the five maps?
0 Kudos
FlorianHruby2
New Contributor III
When I delete the

.zoomTo {
display: block;
}

from the core.css, the map starts fine. However, it seems that the storymap doesn´t "reset" the zoom level when you switch between different maps.

Eg.: When I click on any of the polygons in each of the five maps, "zoom-to" is available (as it should). Doing a zoom in deactivates the link (as it should). I now switch to another map, which is still in the default small scale; when I now click a polygon the zoom-in is still desactivated (although it shoul be visible due to the current zoom level). So it seems the new map still considers the zoom level of the map opened before in regard of the zoom level.

Is it possible to "reset" the zoom level every time a switch to another map?

thank you & best regards,

Flo
0 Kudos