Midway Login Request

05-12-2020 06:02 PM
joelikavec
New Contributor

I have a story map that is publically shared, all layers and maps are pubically shared but about halfway through it stops and asks users to login.  You can sign in with any ESRI account to get access but as it is meant for public viewing not having to sign in is important.  Any help is appreciated! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

HI Joe -- Sorry you're having an issue with an unexpected login prompt in your story. My guess is you may have added an ArcGIS app (like a configurable app template or Web AppBuilder app) or web scene in your story.

Although the classic story checkers look at the sharing levels of maps and layers inside them, any apps (and the maps and layers inside them) or web scenes (and the layers inside them) need to be manually shared from your ArcGIS content page.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
joelikavec
New Contributor

Owen Evans‌, Thanks for the quick reply, I do not use any ArcGIS apps, or scenes. Everything I have on my account is shared publicly, which is why I was confused. Is there anything else that might be causing this?

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Is the builder reporting any issues (that is, do you see any yellow or red warning icons on any of the content blocks? Can you take a look at this story on your My Stories page and see if you see anything amiss there? One thing you can try is using the Cascade builder to return the sharing to private and then putting it to public again to see if that might fix the issue with the unshared content. It's also possible there is a subscription/premium content living atlas layer in one of your maps that isn't properly authorized for public usage. 

Otherwise there must be something else going on and I'd recommend that you contact Esri Tech Support and they will be able to provide more detailed troubleshooting assistance for your particular story.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos