Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Tour HMTL Disappearing

Jump to solution
03-11-2015 10:59 AM
peterNOTMEknoop
Occasional Contributor

I am attempting to embed audio in a Map Tour caption following the instructions here:

Adding audio to your story map map tours | ArcGIS Blog

It appears to work fine when I cut-and-paste the code block from the example into one of my map's captions. The audio control appears, and I can play the horse sound just fine. I then save the changes.

When I go to re-open the map, however, all the html code has disappeared from the description.  Other text I had in the caption remains, but the whole <audio> section is gone.

Is this a bug? Is there a different way to include an audio file with player in the caption for a Map Tour point?

Thanks!

-peter

0 Kudos
13 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Regular Contributor II

Hi,

Sorry about your issues.

It is not possible to include audio in description when you have chosen the scenario where your pictures are not already hosted online (see below, the red selection). In that case, the restricted list of authorized tag is described in the following document ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)

If you can rebuild your tour to chose one of the green scenarios, adding audio will works.

I do not recommand giving a width in pixel to the control but you could do this using the following markup

<audio controls="" style="width:250px">
<source src="http://visitmt.com/binaries/content/assets/mtot/audio/butte-audio-tour/butte-audio-tour_-1-milwaukee..." type="audio/mpeg">
</audio>

0 Kudos
LeslieZolman1
New Contributor III

All the images I used were hosted online.  I was able to get the audio to work if I created the map using the builder and adding everything there.  I could not get it to work when I shared an ArcMap service, made a web map and then shared it as a story map.

I also realized that using an iPhone the audio section of the caption did not show up so people could not use the story map as a walking tour using their phones.

http://arcg.is/1GBcODD

0 Kudos
GregoryL_Azou
Regular Contributor II

Great, glad you fixed this (it is expected that creating your Feature Services from ArcMap have the same result).

Audio should works fine on iPhone, works fine on mine in Safari/iOS 8.1 when I'm on the media view, on the map view, I can click because I know the button is there but it's barely visible.

image.jpg image.jpg

0 Kudos
RobertClarke
New Contributor

Hello, I realize this thread is 4 years old and other threads have indicated the issue was resolved, yet this is the exact problem I am experiencing when building my Story Map Tour. I have been pulling my hair out and just saw this.

Is there a chance that a recent update reintroduced the issue?

Thank you,

Robert

0 Kudos