Is AGOL currently having problems with hosted map tour templates or map tour data?

09-02-2014 12:39 PM
ShawnFrye
New Contributor

Is AGOL currently having problems with hosted map tour templates or map tour data?

I created a map tour last week that has been working great for the past week and a few hours ago it stopped working.  I can't even open the operational data in the supporting web map.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

I have not noticed any issues, and the applications in the gallery seem to be working:

Map Tour Gallery | Story Maps

are you receiving any errors

0 Kudos
ShawnFrye
New Contributor

Sometimes the app will not open and there will be a button to "retry". When the "retry" button is clicked the map will sometimes open, but the main operational layer that drives each photo is not there. The title bar and the actual map show up, but no pictures or tumbnail photos show up on the side or across the bottom.

In the original web map, the operational layer is not working properly. Can't see the table, and it doesn't show up in the map. It is only listed in the table of contents.

It appears that somehow that Operational layer got corrupted.

We are in the process of building a new web map and map tour app.....

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

What browser are you using as I have noticed issues with IE every now and then

0 Kudos
ShawnFrye
New Contributor

We've tried IE, Chrome, and Firefox on several different machines. All experience the same issues.

0 Kudos
ShawnFrye
New Contributor

Looks like we have temporarily resolved the issue. We think it had to do with the fact that we were using a custom base map that was in UTM. When we switched back to the standard ESRI basemaps (that I believe are in Web Mercator), the app started to work again.

Does anyone know if this is an issue - having a custom basemap that is in UTM?  I haven't noticed this documented anywhere in AGOL.

0 Kudos
AnthonyGiles
Frequent Contributor

Shawn,

there is a similar problem mentioned on this thread:

https://community.esri.com/message/364435?sr=search&searchId=f2a3d522-85ba-4f29-a668-77792828e3d6&se...

did you create the app then change the basemap to a different projection?

0 Kudos
ShawnFrye
New Contributor

Thanks for the info. yes, in that thread the ESRI person mentions problems can occur with different projections.    We originally built the web map with the standard ESRI basemaps, then switched to custom basemaps.

The strange thing is that the app was working fine for several days. then with no changes to the web map or app configurations, the app started having issues.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-UxcAu2PHrDQp
Occasional Contributor

Same issue for us.  turns out we had data in UTM and Lambert as feature services and now they don't function properly on anof our custom templates or ESRIs stock map.   We are scrambling to pull data from AGOL and either host on our servers or replace the FGDB with a web Mercator projection.

0 Kudos