Select to view content in your preferred language

Help with several Shortlist issues

Jump to solution
11-28-2016 07:57 AM
JessicaKnight1
Occasional Contributor

I have been using the Shortlist Story Map and have encountered a few issues which may be bugs.

1) I have one point that shows up on the map but will not show up in the list unless I switch to another tab first. Once I return to that tab, the point shows up in the list. It only seems to be affecting one point and I can't figure out why.

2) I have a set of points and am trying to input some text into the information box. I have an image and a link and am putting the text under the link. In just one of the tabs, after I put in the text and save the application, if I view the application, the text is not showing up. The image and link work fine. A few points keep the text, but the majority seem to keep losing it. Its only in this one tab.

3) At times, I have been essentially locked out from setting points. I will type in an address and when I click "Use this location" nothing happens. Sometimes if I close out of my browser and go back in, it will work again, but not always. Its happened two or three different times.

4) I have also encountered where the application will decide to stack all of my points on one location, despite me setting different locations. This has happened twice. I have to set the locations of all of those points again.

I really like the Shortlist application and am hoping that maybe these things are just some bugs that will be solved in the next update. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jessica

0 Kudos
14 Replies
JessicaKnight1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the information. As far as more information from me, I can offer some, but not much.

Issue 1 I really have no rhyme or reason for. I created it just like I created all other points. You will see the information box load briefly when you first open the story map, but then it disappears. Switch to a different tab and back to the original tab, and it returns. The point is on the map with its number label the entire time though.

Issue 2: I was copying and pasting information in from a Word document. I had copied and pasted the majority of the information in the application from the same document with no issues in other tabs or with other information, like links. But I typed in the information by hand and it seemed to stick. No issues with any other tabs, just one.

Hopefully that helps some.

0 Kudos
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum

Thanks for the info Jessica. I will try the copy/paste from Word workflow and see if I can reproduce that. And will keep an eye out for the other issue

Rupert

0 Kudos
JessicaKnight1
Occasional Contributor

I have created a new tab for an "overview" of sorts and this included the point that was giving me issue 1. Same behavior was happening - you would see the point on the map, info box would appear then disappear, switch tabs and it would come back. I tried changing the image. No change. Tried changing the text. No change. Deleted the point entirely, in case it was something with that position in the list. Everything seemed to work normally. Added the point back, and now I can't get it to show up at all! No idea what it is about this particular point/information that is causing problems, but it seems to be consistently an issue.

On issue 2, I copied and pasted information to other points within the application itself (typed in the first time, then did a copy paste on to the other points) and ran into the same issue of it not remembering the text. Just one sentence, no link, etc. It worked fine previously on other tabs, but once it started on the one tab, it seems to be continuing on others.

Definitely some ongoing problems that I'm having.

0 Kudos
JessicaKnight1
Occasional Contributor

I'm really confused as to why this one point seems to be causing an issue. All others work flawlessly. I have changed everything about it and I still can't get it to show up on the map at all any more. I have used a different name, photo, and location, even all at once and its just not working. No issues with any other points at all that I can tell. Everything is formatted the same, so I'm not sure what is different about it. This is my biggest issue right now I think. Its annoying having to type everything in manually, but at least I found a work around for it.

0 Kudos
AlanRex1
Esri Contributor

Hi Jessica,

If you are still encountering this issue I would suggest logging a Tech Support case with us so we can investigate in more detail.  If you don't currently have maintenance with Esri, feel free to PM and I'll try to get a case set up for you.

Regards,

Alan

0 Kudos