Select to view content in your preferred language

Displaying an HTML page on the Main Stage

12-14-2020 05:50 AM
Doug-Young
New Contributor

I have a Story Map Journal that has been running with no issues for a year+. I first noticed on Dec 9th that the content on the Main Stage is no longer displayed. All Main Stage content consists of links to HTML pages. I assume this is related to mixed media, although I've checked all content and everything appears to be HTTPS compliant. Please note that I've temporarily changed the links to point to images instead of HTML so you will not see the problem on the live site.

All linked pages reside at ddycreative.net which is hosted by Register.com. This is a typical link: https://www.ddycreative.net/coachtour/module_watertown.html

I am puzzled why I am able to link to some web sites but not others. For example, arcgis.com displays fine, as do many other web sites. When I link to register.com or to my site hosted by Register I get error messages which vary depending on the browser. Firefox is is the most robust message: 

firefox.png

Being somewhat of a novice I'm not sure if the problem resides with Register.com (which they say is not the case) or someplace else.

Any guidance for tracking down the problem is GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you

0 Replies