Select to view content in your preferred language

crowdsourced map when embedded in page

Jump to solution
07-28-2017 11:16 AM
JacquelineGallagher
New Contributor

I am really enjoying the crowdsourced story map - I see that editing will be possible down the road, and removing 'rejected' submissions - those will be improvements. Otherwise, my map works well when viewed directly online - but we have it embedded into our department web page and cannot see any info when we mouse over the points, something that is possible in the application view. Any ideas why that is? Thank you! 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

We design our apps to be responsive so that users can access the best parts of the story based on the screen size they are viewing them on. This allows you to share a single URL that will work well across desktop browsers, tablets, smartphones, and even small embedded iframes. Because the frame you are embedding the crowdsource story in is so small, it switches over to our small-screen view which has a different feature set. Adding all the features at that size would make it very difficult to use and be very cluttered.

If you are unable to make the frame larger (at least 769px wide), you might add a screenshot in place of the embedded app which links out to the full story.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

We design our apps to be responsive so that users can access the best parts of the story based on the screen size they are viewing them on. This allows you to share a single URL that will work well across desktop browsers, tablets, smartphones, and even small embedded iframes. Because the frame you are embedding the crowdsource story in is so small, it switches over to our small-screen view which has a different feature set. Adding all the features at that size would make it very difficult to use and be very cluttered.

If you are unable to make the frame larger (at least 769px wide), you might add a screenshot in place of the embedded app which links out to the full story.

0 Kudos
JacquelineGallagher
New Contributor

Okay, thank you - I will try for one or the other of those.

0 Kudos