Changing logo on hosted story map

Jump to solution
02-26-2014 01:23 PM
LucindaDykes
New Contributor
I have a logo image in "MyContent" on ArcGIS online.

How do I access this logo (e.g. what URL?) for a hosted story map?

Thanks,

Lucinda Dykes
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III
This blog post should answer your question about using image uploaded in ArcGIS Online.
For the hosted version of Map Tour and Swipe template you can enter the logo URL through Settings>Header.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III
This blog post should answer your question about using image uploaded in ArcGIS Online.
For the hosted version of Map Tour and Swipe template you can enter the logo URL through Settings>Header.
0 Kudos
WendyKelly
New Contributor

I am having the same problem that Lucinda encountered back in February, and the hotlink in Gregory's post ("This blog post") no longer seems active.  Does that blog no longer exist, and if so, would someone mind explaining to me where I need to drop a logo to make it accessible for the Story Map? Can I not simply upload the logo from Picasa, as I did for the other story map images?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is a link to another blog:

Customizing the Map Tour Story Map header and color scheme | ArcGIS Blog

This is specific to the Story Map builder mode, if you have downloaded and configured the web app it would not apply.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MirceaMaierean
New Contributor III

You can by switching to Builder Mode then in the Settings>Header of the hosted Story Map. From there you select Custom Logo and plug in the URL of the hosted image (flickr, facebook, any hosting site that provides a direct link to the picture).

WendyKelly
New Contributor

Thank you both, I brought the logo into Picasa and extracted the URL by right clicking on the image and selecting "Copy Image URL"

0 Kudos