Can you edit font size and color within the Map Tour app?

Jump to solution
04-01-2016 12:34 PM
JulioCastillo
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm building a Map Tour story map to embed in a website for work. When it is viewed within our website, the font appears smaller than we would like. Is there a way to edit the font size and color in the Map Tour app similar to how you can edit the text in Map Journal?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Julio,

Sure, you can use HTML tags to change those properties of your text. It involves code, but is very simple to do. Here are some links that show you the syntax of the tags you'll need to add.

HTML font color Attribute

HTML font size Attribute

We are working on an update to Map Tour for the second half of this year and we hope to add easier text formatting tools at that time.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Julio,

Sure, you can use HTML tags to change those properties of your text. It involves code, but is very simple to do. Here are some links that show you the syntax of the tags you'll need to add.

HTML font color Attribute

HTML font size Attribute

We are working on an update to Map Tour for the second half of this year and we hope to add easier text formatting tools at that time.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
GregoryL_Azou
Occasional Contributor III

Also some guidance on customizing CSS for Map Tour are available on GitHub GitHub - Esri/map-tour-storytelling-template-js: The Story Map Tour is ideal when you want to presen...

PatrickMcKinney1
Occasional Contributor III

Julio,

Also see Map Tour Custom CSS Best Practices for advice on this. If you're self-hosting the application, you can create a custom stylesheet and use the loadCSS function to add it to the app. Gregory also commented on my post as well. Just make sure you're using enough specificity in targeting elements.

JulioCastillo
New Contributor II

I got it to work! Thank you  Owen, Gregory, and Patrick!

0 Kudos