Feature Linked annotation based off related table

05-01-2018 11:42 AM
PeterFinch1
New Contributor II

Hello

Is it possible to have feature linked annotation that uses text that is stored in a related table? 

I currently have a feature that labels based off comments stored in a related table but I would like to use feature linked annotation instead of a label.  I currently use a python labeling expression similar to this How To: Label a related table.  I have set up a feature linked annotation in my SDE database and it works fine when it is based off a field in the feature or a python expression that does not reference the related table , but when I try and use my python labeling expression with the related table my anno is blank. The expression verifies in the expression editor and when I create a new point I can see that a row is created in the anno feature class but nothing displays.  I am just wondering if anyone has successfully been able to do this.

Thanks

1 Reply
KariBuckvold
Occasional Contributor

How does this not have more kudos?  This has been such a limitation, we rely on feature linked annotation and have to manually update annotation for attributes in related tables.

0 Kudos