Select to view content in your preferred language

extent indicator rotated

Jump to solution
04-02-2015 10:45 AM
JaredRoss
New Contributor II

I have created a map with ArcMap 10 with multiple extent indicators within it.  One of the extent indicators (closest to craig in attached image) is rotated while the data frame it is indicating is not rotated. Any advice as to un-rotate the indicator box to be oriented normally? 

Thanks

ExtentIndicatorExample.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jared, I am guessing this is a projection issue--your data or map document is in a projection that causes it to skew as it moves north toward the pole. What projection are you using? Can you change it to something that pr4eserves area better over your map extent?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertaRobles
New Contributor

Probably not the best answer but you can 'trick' it. It's super accurate right now, but not a polished look.

I would:

-Make the existing boundary invisible or none.

-Create a new graphic box in the layout with the same black graphic properties and eyeball it into the right place in the desired rotation.

Not a great fix, but it'll get it done.

0 Kudos
SepheFox
Frequent Contributor

Hi Jared, I am guessing this is a projection issue--your data or map document is in a projection that causes it to skew as it moves north toward the pole. What projection are you using? Can you change it to something that pr4eserves area better over your map extent?

DavidBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

Are all of the data frames using the same projection and parameters?

JaredRoss
New Contributor II

Thank you! It was a projection issue, could have swore they were matched but obviously not.