Select to view content in your preferred language

Data Driven Pages Problem

02-23-2018 06:12 AM
JoeFrydrych
New Contributor II

I am creating data driven pages based off of a polygon layer.  When I go and try to export these maps as a pdf it moves my polygon and cuts it off of the map or it is not placed on the map where I had dragged it.  I read some similar posts about this, but I did not find anything where it was corrected.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

What settings are you using in the Set Up Data Drive Pages dialog box?

Creating Data Driven Pages—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Also, before the run that didn't work, did you hit the "Refresh Data Drive Pages" button on the Data Driven Pages toolbar?  I've found things often go awry pretty fast if I don' hit that button before trying to print when using Data Drive Pages.

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
JoeFrydrych
New Contributor II

Chris,

I did not hit the refresh button.  I am just exporting these instead of printing them directly from ArcMap.  My settings are as followed with the images provided:

Some of the larger polygon areas when I center them, I have to reposition them regardless whether it is using "Best Fit" or the "Center" option.  The only thing that I know to do for those would be to not use Data Driven Pages for this and just export them the normal way.  But, this defeats the whole purpose of DDP as you are trying to make things go faster when working on large projects.

0 Kudos