Adding pictures to ArcMap

07-26-2019 12:16 AM
TomPiggott
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I have encountered a slight problem that someone may be able to help me with. I am trying to add pictures onto my map to illustrate the views from certain locations. when i go to insert a picture that has been taken in portrait its the wrong way round. when i try to rotate it rotates the box but not the image. 

I have attached an example of whats going wrong. the bottom left right picture is the original portrait photo. the one above is when I have tried to rotate it. 

Is there a way to fix this at all?

Thanks

Tom 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Tom - This isn't a StoryMaps question, so I moved your question to a space where you're more likely to get a helpful answer.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
JosephCarter
Occasional Contributor

You might do well looking into hyperlinking your pictures via an attribute table. . . .good luck! I have used this method in an historic bridge map successfully.

Joe

https://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.6/map/working-with-layers/using-hyperlinks.htm

0 Kudos
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor

Tom,

You can open the picture in the standard windows photo viewer, rotate it if necessary, (although it rotated my test image for me) and save it with a different name. The photo should drop into your map with the correct orientation.

Regards,

Jim