Support for enterprise geodatabases using traditional versioning

07-18-2022 12:48 PM
LeonS
by
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to be able to leverage more attribute rules in my enterprise geodatabase that uses traditional versioning.  Currently, much of the attribute rule functionality requires a feature service published from a branched versioned geodatabase or a file geodatabase.   I am able to use calculation rules in my data sets, but it would be great to be able to use validation and batch calculation rules too. 

Many of our data sets do not have field editing workflows and have just one, maybe two, editors.  In these cases, our organization would not benefit from the scalability of web based editing through feature services to support mobile users, off-site editing, or high-volume editing.  It’s much more efficient for us to continue to use a traditional client to database connection while editing, rather than to configure a feature service based editing workflow.

Moving data out of our database management system into a feature database is also not a desirable solution.

Thanks,

- Leon

1 Comment
ScottFortman1

Yes Please!  I updated to ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 and lost the ability to use map based reviewer rules, which did not care about the versioning type (I knew this ability was not available at 3.0 but did not realized I needed branched versioning for validation checks with attribute rules).  It would be great to still have the ability to utilize data checks on traditional versioning without having to use ArcMap or previous versions or ArcGIS Pro.