Reorder Attribute Rules with Drag and Drop

02-04-2021 10:38 AM
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

It would be really cool if you could either insert a new Attribute Rule where you would like it or be able to drag and drop one into a new position.

Currently, you can run the Reorder Attribute Rules tool, but once you run the tool, you have to close ArcGIS Pro and reopen the project to see that change...

Moderator Note

The Idea title was edited to clarify the desire for drag and drop capability

8 Comments
SylvainHotte2

Yes this will be helpful.

Also I notice the when we export to CSV there is no column for the order for Calculation Rule

I would like to be able to order Contraint Rules also because we sometimes need to check some constraint before others (some test might depend on other being validated)

DonNeumann

This is fundamental to productivity. Please prioritize this above all else!

TedCronin

I would like the ability to move attribute rules in the dialog, if I want the rules to calc in a certain order, currently, I need to delete the rules above the new rule I just created and then recreate the rules that were deleted.  

RPGIS
by

You can change the order of rule by double clicking on the order number and typing in the order that you wish.

KoryKramer

See https://youtu.be/Y1etoNHZaWk?feature=shared&t=168 

It sounds like more specifically you are expecting to be able to drag/drop to control order?

SSWoodward

@TedCronin, Could you take a look at the Idea I've linked below?  It seems like there is an existing Idea that is a duplicate of this.  If you feel these are the same, please let us know and we can merge them together to aggregate kudos.

Control Attribute Rule Execution Order 

SSWoodward

Thanks @Bud I've updated the link.

SSWoodward

Thanks all for the input.

Users are able to change the execution order of their attribute rules simply by editing the 'Order' Field in the Attribute Rules Design View.  Doing so immediately alters the execution order of the existing rules.

No need to run reorder attribute rules. 

I've edited the title of this Idea to focus on drag and drop functionality, as the ability to interactively alter the order of attribute rules exists in the current software.