Change the "Exclude from Application Evaluation" flag to "Allow Application Evaluation"

03-30-2022 01:02 PM
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

Could Esri consider changing the "Exclude from Application Evaluation" flag so that it's more intuitive? A lot of people find that flag confusing.

For example, change the flag to "Allow Application Evaluation". 

Thanks.

2 Comments
AndrewQuee

I actually prefer the original design - it is always "Allow Application Evaluation" by default and in special cases (one?) you need to "Exclude from Application Evaluation" so for me that makes sense.  You need to firmly decide that is what you want as it has a dramatic effect on when the rule runs.

I think if that change was to go ahead then the checkbox should be ticked by default to represent what the standard behaviour is, with tooltip warnings of the implications of changing it.

SSWoodward
Status changed to: Closed

@Bud thanks for sharing your perspective, we are aware of the request in regard to this label name. This type of change would require us to change the python parameter name as well. At minimum, this change would break every user script written that contains this python keyword.  We try our hardest to spare users from this type of headache. 

Unless there is an unavoidable need to change this, we are highly reluctant to change parameter names.