Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcReader Hyperlinks -- layers behave differently

08-21-2015 06:05 PM
RodBantjes
Deactivated User

I have created a PMF file with two hyperlinked layers – one works perfectly, the other does not.  These are relative links that should point to the same folder structure.  The ones that work show in the mouseover as “Folder\Filename.ext”; the ones that don’t work show as “#Folder\Filename.ext#”.

In the MXD the hyperlink addresses are entered exactly the same way in hyperlink-enabled fields.  I deleted the hyperlink base in the MXD before publishing and copied the hyperlinked documents into the pmf folder of the package along with the PMF.  The hyperlinks from one layer are able to launch from this location, but the hyperlinks from the other are not.  I am hoping someone can tell me the meaning of the added “#”s.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Not sure if this applies, but so far, I can not get ArcReader to "follow" any paths that I set up in ArcMap hyperlink script.

They work perfectly in Map, but to get them to work in ArcReader, I have to have the hyperlinked documents in the SAME FOLDER AS THE .PMF.....

Doesn't matter if you have the absolute path in the hyperlink script in ArcMap (where it works fine), ArcReader seems to ignore all of that.  But, regardless of where the script says to look, Reader will only look in the base folder that the pmf is in.

R_

0 Kudos