Trupulse 360b help needed

11-12-2010 11:38 PM
KevinThickett
New Contributor
Hi everyone, I'm new here & there are a LOT of forums, so please let me know if there is a more appropriate one to post this.

I'm trialing a Trupulse 360b with arcpad for the purpose of quickly measuring up 200+ potential cell tower sites & transferring the data to AutoCAD.

For the most part it works really well, except its reading the direction slightly off.
If I measure several points along two objects that I know to be perpendicular, such as the front of my house and the fence down the side of my section. They come into arc pad looking more like the angle between them is about 80 degrees.

The trupulse rep says its an easy fix but wont tell us what it is until he's sure of a sale. Which is pretty useless, we aren't going to buy them unless we are sure its going to work.

Can anyone here help me out with what settings etc we need to change to get a true reading?

My role in the project is managing the CAD team & I have a buildings rather than GIS background so a lot of this is new to me & any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KhalidMehmood
New Contributor II
Hi,
Did you find the solution of your problem yet?

KMSAIF
0 Kudos
GrahamW
Occasional Contributor II
This could be magnetic interferance.

these are very vaunerable to nearby metal objects.

this also needs to be considered in the calabration procedure.. the Trupulse website has a good video on calabration.

another thing that ou should look into is your local magnetic declination (ie the difference between True(map) north and magnetic north. where I am(Near sydney Aust) it is +12.5.
0 Kudos