Quick Fields Sequential ID

Jump to solution
08-18-2015 03:28 PM
JuneAcosta
Occasional Contributor III

I want to use the ArcPAD 10.2.2 Quick Field Sequential ID to populate the unique ID for our trees. Is there a way to set the starting number for the Sequential ID?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HannahFerrier

When you collect the first feature after enabling QuickFields with a Sequential ID, you will be prompted to enter the starting value. All subsequent features captured will increment from this initial value.

Hope this helps,

Hannah

View solution in original post

3 Replies
HannahFerrier

When you collect the first feature after enabling QuickFields with a Sequential ID, you will be prompted to enter the starting value. All subsequent features captured will increment from this initial value.

Hope this helps,

Hannah

JuneAcosta

Hannah,

I turned QuickFields off and deleted the expressions, but the logic is still running in my .axf. How can I get rid of the functionality that seems to be embedded in my .axf?

June

0 Kudos
HannahFerrier

QuickFields are only applied to the map (.apm) - not in the data (.axf).

When ArcPad is in Design Mode - selecting the QuickFields tool will allow you to add and remove expressions. Make sure that all of your expressions have been deleted;

deleteexpression.PNG

When ArcPad is NOT in Design Mode - selecting the QuickFields tool will switch QuickFields ON and OFF for your specific map (.apm).

quickon.PNG

Make sure QuickFields is turned OFF for your map.