Help! Can't check in an .axf!

07-27-2010 02:58 PM
CaseyRagain
New Contributor II
How can I extract the point data I collected in the .axf to an excel file?

Thanks!
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: e_hajek

Hi Casey,

The only way I know to do this is:

Open your .axf in ArcPad Studio.
Under "Feature Tables" right click on the feature class you want to extract to excel, and click Show Data.
Highlight all of it, copy, and paste into excel. It works perfectly for me in 2007, but you might have to do a "Paste Special..." and experiment with the options to get it to work.
You'll notice that the "Show Data" screen will only show you 1000 records at a time, so you have to alter the SQL statement at the top from:
SELECT * FROM [FEATURE_CLASS_NAME];    <-This will get the first 1000
to
SELECT * FROM [FEATURE_CLASS_NAME] WHERE AXF_OBJECTID BETWEEN 1000 AND 2000; <- This will get the next 1000
And click the red exclamation point on the right end of the toolbar along the top to execute the SQL command.

From there you can alter the data however you want in Excel for use in ArcMap via Joins based on ObjectID or whatever.

This was really helpful for me when I realized after the field work was over that the timestamps were needed for calibration.

Hope this helps,
Eric
0 Kudos
RuiGe
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: KyleCollins

http://arcpadteam.blogspot.com/2010/07/export-axf-data-to-shapefile.html

Hope this helps.

That's great!  For AP10 users...

Any way of getting this tool in an ArcPad 8.5 release?

We use a custom post-processing tool that looks for a dbf file.  It does not reconize the AXF.
0 Kudos
RolfBroch
Occasional Contributor II
Since you obviously have ArcPad 8 and I would assume that you also are on the mandatory maintenance program, why not install ArcPad 10 as well as ArcPad 8 just to get the functionality you need?

Rolf
0 Kudos