Select to view content in your preferred language

Exporting aerial image to arcpad

11-22-2011 06:29 AM
AndrewFielding2
New Contributor
Hello All,

A quick question - when I export data from arcmap using the data manager I cannot get the aerial images to export. My armap and arcpad were recently updated and previously I had the option to export as a jpeg2000 - that option is no longer there. On a side note my arcmap is sometimes crashing when I use the data manager but all files except aerial images are still exporting.

Before the update I had no problems at all.

Thanks,

Andrew

Arcview 10 service pack 3
Arcpad 10.0.3
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimHopper
Regular Contributor
If you can uninstall 10.0.3, install 10.0.2 and verify that the problem does not occur we would be interested to get our hands on that data here in support services.  If you have ArcPad maintenance you could log an incident and we can take a look at it.

In relation to issues with checking out rasters:

1. If it's the same raster that's used across many maps, etc, you could copy the raster directly to the mobile device and add it in ArcPad.

2. Export to jpeg2000, or another format, before you export to ArcPad.  That way, you can just export as original raster.

What type of rasters are you starting with initially?

You can use the Image Analysis window (Windows menu > Image Analysis) to clip your raster, or you could use the Clip GP tool.

Data Management tools > Raster > Raster Processing > Clip

You then just check out the clipped rasters as original raster format.

Feel free to respond with more questions.
0 Kudos
AndrewFielding2
New Contributor
I resolved the problem. The file was showing as a polygon in the ArcPad manager and not a raster. By making some modifications in the source map I got the program to recognize it as a raster and then it gave me the jpeg2000 export option.
0 Kudos