Control for Value wont save on new feature

08-26-2010 06:31 AM
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
I have a project that I have been working on and it has a main feature class and two relationships linking to two other tables.  These tables are updated with SQL statements so not of real concern here. 
I drop a new point
Fill out the data on the controls
click OK to save

I go back into the new point and for some reason 1 field "OBJECTID" is blank again.  I cant figure this out.  Every other field retains the data I entered.
This field is not the field used in the relationship set up in ArcInfo, Its not a primary key...I was simply calculating this numeric field (long integer) on each new record.  (Find the greatest number and add 1)

Any thoughts as to why this one value will not save.  Again there is no SQL statement involved on this record because its the main feature class exported.  And as such when you click ok to save it should be writing automatically, as seen with the rest of the controls on the form.

I have never seen this before and just looking for some ideas to stear me in another direction as I dont know where to go right now.

THanks
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JayKappy
Occasional Contributor
Never mind....For some reason its in the GDB, when exported to axf its not avaiable as a control anymore...I dont know what happened but created another field and copied the values into the new field and am usign that....
0 Kudos