Button Color Not Changing

08-31-2010 07:03 AM
RobChouinard
Occasional Contributor
I just can't seem to figure this one out. How to change the color of a button in a form. The color stays the same as all other buttons. I've tried both the RGB and HTML Name values. Here is a my form:

<FORM name="MsgBoxYesNoForm" caption="Select Yes or No" width="130" height="130" tabsvisible="false" onok="Call MsgBoxYes()" oncancel="Call MsgBoxNo()">
 <PAGE name="PAGE1" caption="" sip="false">
  <LABEL name="MsgLabel" y="5" width="127" height="20" caption="A Yes No Question?" tooltip="" group="true" border="false" fontsize="9" alignment="center"/>
  <BUTTON name="NoButton" x="20" y="25" width="87" height="28" onclick="Call NoClick()" caption="NO" tooltip="" tabstop="true" border="false" backgroundcolor="Green" fontsize="15" alignment="center"/>
  <BUTTON name="YesButton" x="20" y="58" width="87" height="28" onclick="Call YesClick()" caption="YES" tooltip="" tabstop="true" border="false" backgroundcolor="255,0,0" fontsize="15" alignment="center"/>
 </PAGE>
</FORM>

The help says this about the button backgroundcolor attribute:

backgroundcolor - The background color to use for the button. If not specified, this value is inherited from the page's backgroundcolor attribute.

backgroundcolor ="RGB | HTML RGB | HTML Name (e.g., 0,0,255 | #0000FF | Blue)"

I'm using ArcPad 10 on a Windows XP netbook and ArcPad Studio 10. Scratching my head on this one. :confused:

Anyone else have this problem???

Thanks,

Rob
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RolfBroch
Occasional Contributor II
Have you tried to it on a Windows Mobile device?

I have earlier had som issues with non-WM OS devices such as XP, and Vista and the way colour shows up.

Rolf
0 Kudos
EddieViljoen
New Contributor III
OK, so anybody with a real answer to this question?
0 Kudos
RobChouinard
Occasional Contributor
I never did figure it out. Seems like there is some lack of support with Windows desktop OS's. I couldn't test it with a Windows Mobile device. The only PDAs I have hanging around here are Pocket PC 2002 and do not work with ArcPad 8+.
0 Kudos
DeniseKing
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi all,

We have logged this behavior as CQ00312868; BUTTON control attributes BACKGROUNDCOLOR and COLOR not retaining modifications in Forms. Please contact Esri Support to have your customer information added to this bug. We apologize for any challenge this behavior has caused in your ArcPad projects.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention,
Denise
0 Kudos