Bugs on Nautiz x7

10-19-2010 09:18 AM
MatsHallström
New Contributor
Hi!

I have som problems using Pad 8 sp4 on my Nautiz PDA.

Pad doesn´t save my settings when closed down but always start up with standard settings. I use MrSID and this means I have to go to extensions and mark MrSID box and then pick up all MrSID files again. Does anybody now how to fix this?

GPS track doesn´t show when logger is turnd off. When I draw a polygon or line sometimes the track disappears. I can "cheat" the program by activating another layer and then change back again before saving the drawing. Does anybody recognize this problem? Is this just a bug I have to live with?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor
Regarding the extensions question, there is a known issue in ArcPad 8, that the ExtensionPrefs.apx file that is installed with ArcPad is, is installed as a 'read only' file. In order for your settings to be saved please,

• connect your device to a PC with Active Sync or Mobile Device Center

• browse to the ExtensionPrefs.apx file on your device and change the properties from read only to read/write

• open arcpad on the device, enable the MrSID extension that you wish to use, and close ArcPad (upon close, the ExtensionPrefs.apx will be edited, and the setting preserved and read the next time you open ArcPad

Regarding the tracklog question, the fact that the tracklog is not shown when the tracklog function is off, is actually a bug introduced in ArcPad 8 that was fixed in ArcPad 10. Theres nothing i can suggest for ArcPad 8, and can only encourage you to try ArcPad 10.
0 Kudos
MatsHallström
New Contributor
Thank´s a lot. That was easy. I ought to havet found that out myself.

Yes 10 bu it´s not yet available in Sweden and I don´t like that we have to pay almost twice the price just to feed the Swedish distributor. I have a very small company, use ArcGIS in english and gets all support from here.
0 Kudos