Arcpad custom form validate entry

08-26-2015 03:11 PM
BenDavis5
New Contributor

Hi,

I’m kinda new to scripting (and Arcpad) and don’t know where to start looking.

My team collects water quality parameters from multiple sites fairly regularly. We are using a custom built form in Arcpad to collect the data, which is great, however if a value is outside the normal range (+/- 1SD) we won’t know until the data is downloaded at the end of the day.

What I am aiming to do is have a message pop up if a value is outside 1SD of the mean to tell the in-field team to double check that the values are correct.

I have a dbf file with a list of site names and the corresponding upper and lower values to test against for each parameter. However I have no idea how to get the OnValidate or OnOk (Whichever is easier / simpler) event to look up the correct site name from the form and check the values against the corresponding site name in the dbf.

I know this may be a big ask. But any help or even a steer in the right direction would be great.

i can send some examples if that would help.

Cheers,

Ben

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NICOLAPEDDIS
Occasional Contributor II

The simple way to build a excellent project is to make first a structured project with domains inside arcmap. Then you can build an axf mobile geodatabase to use in the field with your GPS. I made a lot of works in this way, without wasting time to use the standard script on arcpad.

With the domains in arcmap you can build your complex dbf and check the fields 'Onvalidate'-->> yes ot not

And write down also all your site names in the structured project. On the web and on youtube are present good videos how to learn the domains in arcmap and then move the project in an axf file ready to use with imagery base on field with arcpad and your GPS.

I'm using leica zeno 5 for my work wothout problems with the customized arcpad v10

0 Kudos
BenDavis5
New Contributor

Thanks Nicola. I'll have a look at the youtube vids you mentioned and have a go!

0 Kudos