Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcPad 7.1.1 Check in The feature has empty geometry

06-10-2010 01:32 PM
JohnHawkins
New Contributor
Can anyone tell me whats going on ?  Everything works ok until I try to check the data back in then I am getting the following message.   The Points appear in the PC arcpad? 

Thanks 

out of 1 AXF files were processed.  Here are the results:

* The selected layers in f:\hawkinj\Geo4626483639 My Documents\DataForArcPad2\DataForArcPad2.axf were successfully checked in, but one or more edits were skipped because the geodatabase reported an error. The first error reported is:
The feature has empty geometry.

The following XML document lists all ArcPad edits that were replayed against the source geodatabase.
Please click the ? button and then click this report for more details about the XML format.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CHECKIN>
   <CHANGE tablename="SSMANHOLE" oid="110" status="N" action="F" message="The feature has empty geometry.">
   </CHANGE>
   <CHANGE tablename="SSMANHOLE" oid="111" status="N" action="F" message="The feature has empty geometry.">
   </CHANGE>
   <CHANGE tablename="SSMANHOLE" oid="112" status="N" action="F" message="The feature has empty geometry.">
   </CHANGE>
   <CHANGE tablename="SSMANHOLE" oid="113" status="N" action="F" message="The feature has empty geometry.">
   </CHANGE>
   <CHANGE tablename="SSMANHOLE" oid="114" status="N" action="F" message="The feature has empty geometry.">
   </CHANGE>
   <CHANGE tablename="SSMANHOLE" oid="115" status="N" action="F" message="The feature has empty geometry.">
   </CHANGE>
   <CHANGE tablename="SSMANHOLE" oid="116" status="N" action="F" message="The feature has empty geometry.">
   </CHANGE>
   <CHANGE tablename="SSMANHOLE" oid="117" status="N" action="F" message="The feature has empty geometry.">
   </CHANGE>
   <CHANGE tablename="SSMANHOLE" oid="118" status="N" action="F" message="The feature has empty geometry.">
   </CHANGE>
   <CHANGE tablename="SSMANHOLE" oid="119" status="N" action="F" message="The feature has empty geometry.">
   </CHANGE>
</CHECKIN>
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MilesWacker
New Contributor
Do you know if your satellite/gps fix was dropped when the feature was collected.  I have the empty geometry problem with features that were collected when the gps fixed was dropped.  Now I don't know how to deal with the shapes..

I used Shapefile format, haven't seen this problem with axf.
0 Kudos
MilesWacker
New Contributor
Actually I was getting the infinite/empty geometry problem when my gps unit was losing power during the collection.
0 Kudos