ArcPad 10 with Trimble YUMA

07-21-2010 01:03 PM
DemianRybock
New Contributor
I'm just starting to work with ArcPad 10 on the Trimble YUMA.  I'm not finding much support out there yet, so I thought I'd try to start a forum post for others out there getting started.  Who else is out there like me?

Demian Rybock, GISP
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
MarikaVertzonis
Esri Regular Contributor
To leslie and david

regarding the resolution of the photos captured - it does seem to be a bug with the ArcPad Camera extension, in that they resolution selected by the user is not actually used. Its something the ArcPad team is working on.
0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
I've just been working on a project developing a custom data capture project on a Trimble YUMA.  My only problem with it was the 32Gb solid state Hard drive was not enough space, after Windows 7 and all the other software (Arcpad etc.) I was left with "only" 20Gb of space. I needed to supply the field surveyor with a huge amount of raster imagery for much of the Scottish coastline.  The solution was to put that all on a 400GB USB drive and the surveyor has to bite the bullet and deal with the faff of manually deleting and copying folders when they moved to their next survey block.
0 Kudos
ShawnDevereaux
New Contributor
Regarding the two camera issue with the Yuma...

In ArcPad preferences, you can set which camera device to use on startup. However, you need to know the Device ID.  Anybody know where this can be found on the Yuma/Windows 7?

I really don't want to have rely on my user base to run the camera switch utility in addition to ArcPad. I need to keep it as simple as possible.
0 Kudos
RyanSims
New Contributor
Using a Eye Fi card with the Yuma is much easier. Plus your images quality is much better.  The cameras on the Yuma for what we do does not cut it.
0 Kudos