ArcPad 10.0 Slow with tracklog?

01-19-2012 07:33 AM
BrianTorborg
New Contributor
Hi,

We recently made the transition from ArcPad 8.0 to 10.0 and noticed a few changes in terms of the operation of the program.  The main one I had a question on was the ability of 10.0 to draw the different layers we had loaded in.  Previously in 8.0, ArcPad was very quick to draw the tracklog, even if it was fairly extensive.  Now in 10.0 (with the same capture settings we had in 8.0) the tracklog takes sometimes several minutes to draw.  I do realize that sometimes after a full day's work the file can get fairly large but there is a definite difference between the two versions. 

Is there possibly another setting in 10.0 that I may not have adjusted?  We are currently running 10.0 with the out of the box default settings besides the GPS capture rate (currently set at 5 sec because we do most of our work while traveling in a vehicle at 10-20 mph).  Or is this just a difference between the two versions? 

Thanks for the help and if anybody else has experienced this, please let me know.  Just trying to get a sense of the new version.

Brian
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimHopper
Occasional Contributor III
Brian,

Take a look at my post on the following thread which may help to clear up your question.

ArcPad 10.0 R2 large tracklog re-drawing extremely slowly

Thanks.
0 Kudos