Windows 2012 add-in debugging problem

Jump to solution
12-06-2017 03:13 PM
MarkCederholm
Occasional Contributor III

I'm migrating my ArcGIS 10.2.1 / VS2010 development environment from Windows 2008 R2 to 2012 R2, and have run into a problem with debugging a .NET add-in.  I matched my VS and project debug settings, also ArcMap.exe.config, and am running as Administrator, but I still can't hit my breakpoints unless I manually attach my project to an existing ArcMap process. Any ideas?

UPDATE:

The problem seems to be that Windows 2012 is ignoring* the "supportedRuntime" entry in ArcMap.exe.config.  In Win2008, ArcMap runs as v4.0.30319 as expected, but in Win2012, ArcMap runs as v2.0.50727.  I tried two different syntaxes:

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0.30319"/>

and

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0" />

and neither are working.

*when ArcMap is launched from VS2010.  When ArcMap is run separately, it runs as both v2.0 and v4.0.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCederholm

I was able to "solve" the problem by setting the OnlyUseLatestCLR registry value, but that's an extreme measure to take.  Surely, there's a better solution out there?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarkCederholm

I was able to "solve" the problem by setting the OnlyUseLatestCLR registry value, but that's an extreme measure to take.  Surely, there's a better solution out there?

0 Kudos