Visual Studio 2010 vb.net add-in help

01-08-2014 01:56 PM
JohnHanson
New Contributor
I'm cutting my teeth with vb.net now (had experience in AML, AVENUE, VBA, VB6) and for some reason now I can't get past some simple procedures.

Could someone share an ArcGIS 10 vb.net add-in along with source code to do:

1. add a button to the "data view" that will open up a form with a listbox that has a listing of .lyrs (either from an array or text listing of the various .lyr files.  I don't need to open up a .gdb or windows folder but rather a predetermined .txt list)

2. From the listbox where one can select one or many .lyrs and add them to the data view from a button on the form (i.e. Add Layers).

Any help would be appreciated.   I've stepped away from programming for about a year and it has been hard to get back into that programming mode.

Regards,

John
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
John, 

There is a good walk through on the ESRI website that teaches you how to build a simple AddIn. This is what I used to get to grips with how to create them, change properties and run them. I think your best approach is to bite the bullet and walk yourself through this walk through first.
0 Kudos
LeoDonahue
Occasional Contributor III
I don't want to sound rude, or kill off any interest you have in coding, but isn't this functionality already handled by the Add Data button?
0 Kudos