Using ArcGIS Engine Controls

10-25-2010 11:48 AM
SalviDjekeng
New Contributor
Hi! Does anybody know how to fix the following error?

event invocation for COM objects requires event to be attributed with DispIdAttribute

I am learning to develop map viewing apps using ArcGIS Engine development tools. I got the error while following the tutorial on "Building a map viewing application using the ArcGIS Engine controls." I am using ArcObjects SDK 10 MS. .Net Framework (C#).
Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SalviDjekeng
New Contributor
This how you fix the problem. Check to see if you have any problem implementing any  interface class relative  to the COM object involved here. You'll have an error such as the following:
Interop type 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Display.SimpleLineSymbolClass' cannot be embedded...

In this case open the Properties window for the ESRI.ArcGIS.Display reference and set the value of the Embed Interop Types to False.
It fixed the error.
0 Kudos
BradleyJanke
New Contributor III
This how you fix the problem. Check to see if you have any problem implementing any  interface class relative  to the COM object involved here. You'll have an error such as the following:
Interop type 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Display.SimpleLineSymbolClass' cannot be embedded...

In this case open the Properties window for the ESRI.ArcGIS.Display reference and set the value of the Embed Interop Types to False.
It fixed the error.

I came across this same error.  However, I had to make the Property change on the ESRI.ArcGIS.Editor reference instead.

Salvi57... you are my hero.
0 Kudos
MikeBallard
New Contributor II
Thanks (much belated). I struggled to find out what I was doing wrong, and this post solved it for me.

mballard
0 Kudos