Unable to Load Error Occurred on Creating New Project in VS2015

Jump to solution
08-17-2018 03:09 AM
MatsHardy
Occasional Contributor

I have installed ArcObjects SDK for .Net 10.4.1 on Visual Studio 2015 years ago. Recently, I have uninstalled ArcObjects and then installed ArcObjects 10.4.1.5686. After that, when I create a new desktop class library project, "Unable to load assembly 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Version'" error is prompted. The creation is failed. Are there any ways to resolve the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FrankHellwich1
New Contributor III

I think that the SDK is version-specific. You're "runtime" is ArcMap/ArcGIS Desktop and you are using different versions: ArcObjects SDK is 10.4, ArcMap is 10.5. This is not a supported scenario in my opinion (see also: https://community.esri.com/thread/161071 ) so I guess this is also the reason for the error message. Try to install the SDK-version that matches you're ArcMap-version.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
FrankHellwich1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I had a similar problem, but I can't remember the concrete error message. The reason was that I updated the ArcObjects-SDK by uninstall/install but I did not update the ArcGis runtime - these are 2 separated items in windows control panel. After updating the runtime my development machine and I were happy ... Maybe you have the same problem.

0 Kudos
MatsHardy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply. But I do not install ArcGIS runtime but ArcMap 10.5.1. Is ArcMap related to the problem?

0 Kudos
FrankHellwich1
New Contributor III

I think that the SDK is version-specific. You're "runtime" is ArcMap/ArcGIS Desktop and you are using different versions: ArcObjects SDK is 10.4, ArcMap is 10.5. This is not a supported scenario in my opinion (see also: https://community.esri.com/thread/161071 ) so I guess this is also the reason for the error message. Try to install the SDK-version that matches you're ArcMap-version.

MatsHardy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your help. After I have upgraded the SDK to 10.5, the problem is resolved. SDK version must be synchronized with other ArcGIS product on same machine.

0 Kudos