The type or namespace name 'ArcMap' does not exist in the namespace 'ESRI.ArcGIS

02-02-2011 07:55 AM
SreenivasaRaoPigili
Occasional Contributor
Hi I am running one simple Desktop program using C#.Net

While running the program, I am getting the below error.
The type or namespace name 'ArcMap' does not exist in the namespace 'ESRI.ArcGIS' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Tried Solution:
I tried to solve this solution by adding ArcGIS Reference. But I could not able to findout the ESRI.ArcGIS.ArcMap reference in the list.

Using Softwares:
ArcGIS Desktop 9.2, VS2005.

Please give the solution.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III
If you try to add reference to your project, you should have a bunch of ESRI namespaces.  ESRI.ArcGIS.ArcMap should be one of them.  If you have none of the ESRI.ArcGIS ones, the .NET support is not installed (if you have installed ArcGIS before the .NET framework this will happen.)  You can verify this by looking for the "dotNet" folder in you ArcGIS installation folder.  If it is missing, you need to run the installer again and make sure the .net support is installed.
0 Kudos
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor
Hi I am running one simple Desktop program using C#.Net

While running the program, I am getting the below error.
The type or namespace name 'ArcMap' does not exist in the namespace 'ESRI.ArcGIS' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Tried Solution:
I tried to solve this solution by adding ArcGIS Reference. But I could not able to findout the ESRI.ArcGIS.ArcMap reference in the list.

Using Softwares:
ArcGIS Desktop 9.2, VS2005.

Please give the solution.

Can you post complete code...?
0 Kudos
GraceCai
New Contributor
Ok I know it's been a while but I'm having a similar problem and I didn't want to create a whole new post.

I'm able to reference some ESRI.ArcGIS namespaces but not others (which I need). I have access to:

using ESRI.ArcGIS.Geometry;
using ESRI.ArcGIS.Carto;
using ESRI.ArcGIS.ArcMapUI;
using ESRI.ArcGIS.Desktop;
using ESRI.ArcGIS.esriSystem;
using ESRI.ArcGIS.Framework;

I'm trying to use SpatialAnalyst at the moment... I'm pretty new to ArcObjects so pardon me if I'm missing something obvious. (I have the SDK installed and .NET framework 3.5)

Thanks,

Grace
0 Kudos
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III
Are these assemblies listed in the references list of the project properties?
0 Kudos