Rebuild Map Cache Programmaticall Using Geoprocessing To Run Locally on ArcGIS Server

01-28-2014 07:26 AM
AveryPenniston
New Contributor II
I'm trying to run a toolbox item locally on an ArcGIS Server using the GeoProcessor in c#.  There are several toolboxes available that look like they should work:

C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes\Data Management Tools.tbx\Tile Cache\Mange Tile Cache
C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\ArcToolbox\Toolboxes\Server Tools.tbx\Caching\Manage Map Server Cache Tiles
C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\ArcToolbox\Services\Caching Tools.tbx\Manage Map Cache Tiles.

I have tried all three and none work when run locally on ArcGIS server:
The first one complains that there is an existing cache - of course there is, I'm trying to rebuild it!

The second one gets close, but I get a message complaining that the "Input Service: dataset not found or supported" - I suspect that the format of the string I'm using doesn't work as the example shows how to use if from ArcGIS desktop: "GIS Servers\\my server name (admin)\\service name.MapServer".  I've tried as many permutations I can think of to run it locally, but perhaps it just isn't supported.  Any ideas?

The third one returns the oft found, and extremely helpful error from arcobjects: HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.  I did explicitly try to add the toolbox for the 3rd one as it wasn't found in the default Toolboxes folder.

Does anyone have any experience rebuilding the map cache programmatically on ArcGIS server?  Any help is appreciated.
0 Kudos
0 Replies