ImportXML CoClass removed - any replacement?

08-26-2010 11:41 AM
MichaelRich
New Contributor III
According to the type changes from 9.3 to 10 the four Coclasses that implemented IMetadataImport interface have been removed.  These are ImportXML, ImportMP, ImportMPTXT, ImportMPSGML. 

Now the IMetadataImport interface documentation just says:
The IMetadataImport interface is available to custom CoClasses that implement the MetadataImport abstract class

Custom CoClasses?  that's it? 

I have written a program to help facilitate the creation and maintenance of metadata and part of it relies on automating the import metadata templates as xml (in the ISO 19139 spec).  ArcCatalog 10 still supports importing xml metadata, so where are the ArcObjects to complete this task?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JasonRamirez
New Contributor
I'm testing ArcGIS 10 for potential release in the enterprise and discovered this removal today. Very disappointing.

ಠ_ಠ
0 Kudos
arunchanumalla
New Contributor II
I'm facing the same issue have you guys figured this out ? if so can you please share some thoughts ?
0 Kudos
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor
I'm facing the same issue have you guys figured this out ? if so can you please share some thoughts ?

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/7753-can-i-batch-metadata-in-arccatalog
0 Kudos
KennethXu
New Contributor
I have the same issues. We have several applications using these interfaces.

And the  Library location was gone.....
0 Kudos
victorruiz
New Contributor
Hi
This question has 2 year and the problem continue.... ImportXML CoClass removed, I have this problem too. In my case I need ExportXML CoClass, somebody from ESRI has an answer please.

Thanks in advance .
0 Kudos
MiriamArribas
New Contributor

Hi

ImportXML ,ExportXML, ExportXML CoClass removed, any replacement to 10.2.2?

Thanks

0 Kudos