Select to view content in your preferred language

Implementing Icombobox

10-07-2011 01:23 AM
StuartGillies
Deactivated User
I am currently converting an ArcGIS 9.3.1 extension to 10.  The extension has several toolbars, two of which have pulldown selection menus, which will have to be re-created using comboboxes.  The pulldowns are both populated from an external database and contents can change through a session.   As the combobox contents are dynamic I only want to populate them if and when the user wants to change the selection and I would like to do this each time the combobox receives focus.  I'd intended to use the onfocus event to update the items in the combobox but I have tested the comboxes repeatedly and I can't see the onfocus event being fired.   Has anyone else experienced this?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor
Stuart,

You will have to explain at what point these dynamic changes must occur.  From what I can tell, the ComboBoxes are populated when the Toolbar loads, then at some point they are then repopulated.

Are you having problems getting the CboBoxes to load on the first go?  What action needs to occur for the ComboBox datasource to change?  I don't see how simply gaining focus would be cause to change the control's datasource.
0 Kudos