IMapCache Interface

Jump to solution
01-23-2014 04:29 AM
DaveCouture
New Contributor III
I'm trying to find examples on how the IMapCache Interface works, but I can't seem to find much on that. I'm trying to build a tool in VB.NET that will always start ArcMap with the Auo-Cache on and set to a Maximum Scale for the Cache. Basically, I just want to enabled everything in the Feature Cache Tab, in the Data Frame Properties. Anyone can point me to the right direction?

IMapCache Interface: http://help.arcgis.com/en/sdk/10.0/arcobjects_net/componenthelp/index.html#//001200000830000000
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DaveCouture
New Contributor III
Got it! 

Dim pMap As IMxDocument = My.ArcMap.Document Dim pCache As IMapCache = pMap.FocusMap  ' Enable (checkmark) the Automatically build cache... pCache.AutoCacheActive = True  ' Enable (checkmark) the set minimum scale for caching pCache.ScaleLimit = True  ' Set scale for caching pCache.MaxScale = 100000

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DaveCouture
New Contributor III
Got it! 

Dim pMap As IMxDocument = My.ArcMap.Document Dim pCache As IMapCache = pMap.FocusMap  ' Enable (checkmark) the Automatically build cache... pCache.AutoCacheActive = True  ' Enable (checkmark) the set minimum scale for caching pCache.ScaleLimit = True  ' Set scale for caching pCache.MaxScale = 100000
0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
Dave,

If you were able to answer your own question, you should tick it as answered to let others know that a solution was found. This is helpful for the rest of us!

Duncan
0 Kudos
DaveCouture
New Contributor III
Thanks and done!
0 Kudos