HRESULT ERROR

05-31-2016 08:07 AM
HichamEL_HAOUASS
New Contributor

hello

i am getting a serious problem with executing geoprocessing tools.

any time i compile the code it send me (An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessor.dll) with the error code number -2147467259.

i am working with arcengine 10.3.1 on vb.net

here is an exemple of code:

Imports ESRI.ArcGIS.AnalysisTools

Public Class Form2

Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click

Dim gp As ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessor.Geoprocessor = New ESRI.ArcGIS.Geoprocessor.Geoprocessor()

Dim nearTool As Near = New Near()

nearTool.in_features = "C:\bd\New_Shapefile.shp"

nearTool.near_features = "C:\New_Shapefile(2).shp"

nearTool.out_feature_class = "C:\bb.dbf"

gp.Execute(nearTool, Nothing)

End Sub

End Class

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried running the Near tool manually in ArcMap or ArcCatalog, using the same parameters to make sure there is nothing odd going on with any of the input or output shapefiles?

HichamEL_HAOUASS
New Contributor

actually its working fine with arcmap. i changed Near tool with GenerateNearTable and i execute it with arcmap and its work but not with the code.

the problem persist for all geoprocessing tools except buffer which worked good.

thanks for responding.

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Looking at your screen shots I would say you need to define a full path to your output dbf file.  Also I can tell you are using Windows 10. Now I've discovered that even as the administrator is nearly impossible to write to the root c:\ drive, I think it's a windows thing. So make sure you write to a sub-folder that you have permission to write to. On my works machine I have a folder called c:\Local that I am able to write to.

0 Kudos