How to replace obsolete class?

Jump to solution
05-01-2013 08:25 AM
AnatolySenchenko
New Contributor
For insert records in  Featureclass I use:

Using comReleaser As ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.ComReleaser = New ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.ComReleaser()
            comReleaser.ManageLifetime(featureBuffer)
            comReleaser.ManageLifetime(insertCursor)

I get the Warning : 'ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.ComReleaser' is obsolete: 'The assembly containing this class is obsolete.  Reference the ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Connection.Local assembly instead.'.

How to replace obsolete class ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.ComRelease?
Example, please.
0 Kudos
19 Replies
AnatolySenchenko
New Contributor
Sorry! Inattention.
0 Kudos
AnatolySenchenko
New Contributor
But new problem:
Warning:
A reference was created to embedded interop assembly 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Carto' because of an indirect reference to that assembly from assembly 'ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Connection.Local'. Consider changing the 'Embed Interop Types' property on either assembly.
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I haven't come across this error before. I came across this post about the error, but my version of VS2010 (SP1Rel) doesn't contain the property "Embed Interop Types".
0 Kudos
AnatolySenchenko
New Contributor
Dear Ken!
Thank you!
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
my version of VS2010 (SP1Rel) doesn't contain the property "Embed Interop Types".

I think that this comes into play starting with the .NET 4.0 framework.
0 Kudos
AnatolySenchenko
New Contributor
What does this mean? My English is bad ... The problems started from  .NET 4.0 framework?
0 Kudos
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
The ability to "Embed Interop Types" is only possible if your project is based on the .NET 4.0 framework (or later).

If you are using the 2.0 or 3.5 framework then you won't see this for project references in Visual Studio.

I mentioned this because Ken said that this option was not present in his version of Visual Studio.  I think that it is present but only if you use the later frameworks.
0 Kudos
AnatolySenchenko
New Contributor
I understand. Thank you.
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Don't forget to click the check mark on the post that best answered your question.
0 Kudos
AnatolySenchenko
New Contributor
Don't forget to click the check mark on the post that best answered your question.

I can't find this check mark!

It position right and after click it  is green?

I check #2...
0 Kudos