Exporting Crystal Report XI into PDF Freeze - Vb.Net2005

03-07-2012 10:18 PM
dgesridgesri
Occasional Contributor II
Greetings

I have an ArcMap 9.1 and I developed a new Vb.Net 2005 application which implements ICommand and then add it to the ArcMap Standard toolbar.

This Command opens a from that will generate many statistical reports designed using Crystal report XI (11.0.0.893)...However the version number of the CR References that are added to my application source code in the Visual Studio 2005 is: 10.2.3600.0

Now, I can preview any report successfully, but when trying to export any report that contains a Chart into pdf format using the built-in export functionality in the report viewer control, the application freezes forever.

While when exporting any report that does not contain any chart into pdf format, it exported successfully and with no errors.
So, I need to know if there is some way / Solution / workaround that I could use to fix my issue and let my export process continue successfully for the crystal reports that contain Charts.

For more information, in order to add this Vb.Net 2005 command to ArcMap 9.1, I had changed the ArcMap.exe.config found in the directory "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin" as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
 <!-- Warning: The configSections element must be the first element under configuration -->
 <configSections>
 </configSections>
 <startup>
  <supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727" />
  <supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322" />
 </startup>
</configuration>

please can I have a little help over here...
Please advise...
Thanks in advance....
0 Kudos
0 Replies