Select to view content in your preferred language

esriRegasm error

09-22-2011 10:52 AM
JillianStanford
Frequent Contributor
Hi,
I'm trying to install this great looking tool - Vendor Street Data Processing Tools for ArcGIS 10 but I'm getting stuck trying to register the dll.

The installation bat file tries to register the dll using esriRegasm.exe but I get the following error:
ESRIRegAsm.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.

I've tried registering the dll using all of the methods here : How to register COM components but they all fail.

When build the code in VS I get the following in the output..
warning MSB3073: The command "esriRegasm.exe "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\StreetDataProcessing\SourceCode\bin\Debug\GPProcessVendorDataFunctions.dll" /p:Engine /s" exited with code -1073741819.
warning MSB3073: The command "esriRegasm.exe "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\StreetDataProcessing\SourceCode\bin\Debug\GPProcessVendorDataFunctions.dll" /p:Desktop /s" exited with code -1073741819.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the ArcObjects .NET SDK. I'm using 10.0, SP 2.

Would love to be able to use this tool so any ideas are appreciated!
Thanks!
Jill
0 Kudos
5 Replies
KhoaTran
New Contributor
I used to have the same problem. If you are running Windows 7, You may want to twist with the Compatibility settings for esriRegAsm.exe (right mouse click on the executable file; select the tab Compatibility, etc...). In my case, I de-selected the check box "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and it works fine. Also, make sure to run this program as an administrator. Hope it helps.
0 Kudos
KhoaTran
New Contributor
Also fix the following line in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe.config

<?xml version ="1.0"?>
<configuration>
    <configSections>
        <section name="msbuildToolsets" type="Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.ToolsetConfigurationSection, Microsoft.Build.Engine, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
    </configSections>
    <startup>
        <!--supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727" safemode="true"/-->
        <!--requiredRuntime version="v2.0.50727" safemode="true"/-->
        <supportedRuntime version="v3.5" safemode="true"/>
        <requiredRuntime version="v3.5" safemode="true"/>       
    </startup>
0 Kudos
JasonPike
Frequent Contributor
Hi,
I'm trying to install this great looking tool - Vendor Street Data Processing Tools for ArcGIS 10 but I'm getting stuck trying to register the dll.

The installation bat file tries to register the dll using esriRegasm.exe but I get the following error:
ESRIRegAsm.exe - Application Error
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.

I've tried registering the dll using all of the methods here : How to register COM components but they all fail.

When build the code in VS I get the following in the output..
warning MSB3073: The command "esriRegasm.exe "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\StreetDataProcessing\SourceCode\bin\Debug\GPProcessVendorDataFunctions.dll" /p:Engine /s" exited with code -1073741819.
warning MSB3073: The command "esriRegasm.exe "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Desktop10.0\StreetDataProcessing\SourceCode\bin\Debug\GPProcessVendorDataFunctions.dll" /p:Desktop /s" exited with code -1073741819.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the ArcObjects .NET SDK. I'm using 10.0, SP 2.

Would love to be able to use this tool so any ideas are appreciated!
Thanks!
Jill

Jill,

How did you resolve this issue? I'm having a similar issue on a non-development machine that I've described in a new thread.

Thanks!
Jason
0 Kudos
JillianStanford
Frequent Contributor
Hi Jason,
I don't know that I ever found a solution to this problem. I believe I went a different route and didn't use that tool.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
Jill
0 Kudos
JasonPike
Frequent Contributor
Hi Jason,
I don't know that I ever found a solution to this problem. I believe I went a different route and didn't use that tool.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help,
Jill

No problem, Jill.

Thanks for responding.
0 Kudos