Drawing on map

06-20-2012 01:33 AM
AnatoliiTerentiev
Occasional Contributor III
Dear Gurus!
I want to create panel with instruments - draw line, rectangle, polygon, circle , point etc. on the map  and place some images or icons from existing list. Are there examples of solutions (c# vs 2010 arcgis engine 2010), allowing to solve this problem?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JohnHauck
Occasional Contributor II
I don't understand exactly what you mean when you say a "panel with instruments". However, I think the use of a docakable window or a toolbar is what you are after.

These could be created as standard COM componenets (as with the links above) or with Add-Ins.

Regardless of the option you choose for how you would like to store your custom tools the code for interacting with the map display would be the same. However you do have variety of options depending upon you requirements.

Here is a general help topic on working with the map display.

Notice the sub-topics regarding draw point, line, rectangle, and polygon.

You may also consider drawing graphic elements, a custom layer, or with the graphics tracker (not necessarily restricted to moving objects).

The create a custom tool walk through may also be helpful for how to get started with this.
0 Kudos
AnatoliiTerentiev
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks very much!
1. In standard drawing panel is "Callout" and "Label" element, but I can't find them  in properties of axToolBarControl to add on my custom panel.
How I can add them on my custom panel?
2. Can I find somewhere an example  implementation of a table of icons with the ability to drag and drop any on the map?
0 Kudos